Monday, April 11, 2016

(Having a) cold never bothered me anyway

Aside from being a little sick, this past week has been amazing! We have met so many people who are prepared to hear the restored gospel. The Lord is preparing people is many many ways. It is incredible to meet people who are willing to listen and want to follow God more closely. 

Something that Sister Warner does every day is ask me what my tender mercies were and when I felt the Spirit that day. It has really helped me recognize the Lord's hand in my life and I want to share that with y'all. 
Daily tender mercies/when I felt the Spirit
Mon- Even though all of our appointments fell through, we found a new investigator and some very promising people/Reviewing my notes from Conference and remembering all of the answers and counsel I received from the Lord's servants
Tue- We were able to have a lesson in a member's home with one of our investigators with a baptismal date/Finding a new investigator and feeling of God's love for her. I have never loved people as much as I do when I testify of how much Heavenly Father loves them. I know without a doubt that He loves every single person who has ever lived.
Wed- Knocked on someone's door who used to meet with missionaries in a place called Lumberton. One of the elders in my ward was just in Lumberton and remembered this man. James wants to learn more about the gospel and is very open/In zone training we went on a church tour. The elders who gave it bore very powerful testimonies and helped us all to recognize the Spirit we felt. We were able to sit in the chapel and hear them sing I Am a Child of God, and hear the baptismal prayer. It was so powerful to feel the Spirit that strongly and to imagine people I am teaching feeling the same thing. I am so grateful for this gospel and the Restoration. 
Thu- Despite our companions having neither a phone or their GPS, Hermana Alonso and I were able to get our companions back. There had been a meeting that our companions went to, so we were on exchanges. We had asked the elders to tell them where to meet us, only to realize that they didn't know how to get there. It all worked out and we were all able to make it to our lessons on time/On exchanges with Hermana Alonso, she was teaching in Spanish and I obviously had no clue what she was saying. I could feel the Spirit in the room as she spoke and I know those she taught felt it too. The Spirit is truly universal. 
Fri- Even though plans fell through, we were able to see all of the people who needed us/Hearing an investigator really pray, rather than reciting a scripture. Seeing how her understanding and relationship with Heavenly Father has changed was incredible. 
Sat- Our investigator Anita had remembered what she heard at Conference and had questions about what she had been reading. I love hearing the questions people have, it shows that they are really thinking about what they are hearing and want to understand/ Teaching a single mom and her two kids and being able to invite them to be baptized. I know the blessings that will come into their lives as they take that step to follow their Savior and I can't wait for them to have all the blessings available to them. 
Sun- My tender mercies and times I felt the Spirit are the same today. There was a fireside in the evening with our mission president and investigators/recent converts/returning less-actives. We had two investigators there, which was wonderful! Everyone (not counting missionaries or active members) got to share their experience with the Church, how they met missionaries and share their testimony. It was really sweet to hear to testimony of people who got baptized a week ago and to hear the people I am teaching share their feelings. Earnest talked about how we first met him and how much he has learned since then. He is so close to recognizing his answer and understanding that this is where he needs to be. I was overwhelmed with gratitude that I have been able to see his journey closer to God and to play a very small part in it. 

I love this Gospel with all my heart. It has blessed me more than I can express and I know that it will bless everyone who lives it. I know that this Church is Christ's church and that He is guiding it. He calls prophets to guide us and I know that Thomas S. Monson is His prophet today. 

I love y'all
Sister Pyper

No comments: