Monday, May 30, 2016

Truth is unchanging

We were able to work out in Chapel Hill more often this week and found some very solid people! Our time up there also showed me the importance of members. Sister Skalla and I were praying about which members to visit to ask for referrals. We felt impressed to go ask a certain member, but they were not home so we decided to knock a few doors. We knocked on their neighbor's door and he is so prepared! The member has been talking to him about the gospel and having lunch with him every week. It was incredible to see how the Lord led us to someone who had been prepared to hear the gospel.

This week I had a cool insight into the importance of the Book of Mormon. A recent convert in one of my wards gave a talk and read a verse from the Bible. She used a different translation and so it was a little different than I was expecting. It made me think about how the Bible has been translated multiple times and each version is a little different. That means that no one really knows for certain what the Bible says. Everyone has their own opinion of which version is the best, but which one is true? I realized that the Book of Mormon has only been translated once and, aside from being translated into other languages, it will not be retranslated. The doctrines contained in the Book of Mormon are unchanged and will remain that way. It is wonderful to know that the truths contained in the Book of Mormon will remain and will not be altered. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, in every sense of the word. It contains the fullness of Christ's gospel and is the evidence of the Restoration. 

No transfer news yet, we won't know until Saturday at the earliest. I'm expecting to be transferred though. Sorry this is short, not a lot happened this week. I guess my hope for a more eventful week wasn't fulfilled. That's okay though. 

Love y'all
Sister Pyper

This is Eric (our French investigator) and his family. It took  a very long time to get all 5 kids smiling. 

Completely unintentionally, we ended up matching this week. It's kind of heard to see, but Sister Skalla's shirt has polka dots too. Companionship unity achieved :)

No comments: