Monday, June 13, 2016

A new area means new things to learn

Hello Wake Forest! Every time I see Wake Forest, my brain wants to say Lake Forest Park. Hopefully I don't say it out loud :) I am now companions with Sister Bobbitt. She is from CA and has been out a transfer longer than I have. I guess I have been out long enough now that that's normal.  I am excited to learn from her and work with her. My new address is 1219 Appleberry Ct, Wake Forest NC 27587.

The best thing about the apartment is that is has two bathrooms! It makes getting ready in the morning so much easier. It is also brand new, the sisters moved in a few days before transfers. We had the elders and the ward mission leader come over to dedicate the apartment on Friday. It was a neat experience. 

The only thing I don't like about Wake Forest are the bugs. I'm pretty sure I get bitten every single day. Although I'm not sure there is a single part of NC that is bug-free this time of year. Time to break out the bug spray, I guess! Too bad I don't live in a mission where sisters are allowed to wear pants (then again, it's already hot and pants would just make that worse...)

Wake Forest is very different than Durham/Chapel Hill. For one thing, our ward covers about 6 towns, so our area is a lot more spread out. There are also a lot more NC natives here than in Durham. It is fun to talk to people who have lived here for generations and hear about what it was like. Wake Forest is also home to the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, so there are aton of hardcore Baptists in our area. There are still many people who are prepared to hear the gospel, we just have to get out and find them :)

Of course, the easiest way for us to find those who are prepared is through members. Our investigator with a baptismal date, Lynda, was sent to us by a member. We would not have been able to meet her on our own. I know that it is only because of this member who is friends with Lynda that we are able to teach her. Lynda is amazing! She is so ready to hear the gospel and wants to do everything she can to come closer to her Savior. 

I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I am so grateful to be able to be here in NC sharing it with everyone I can. This gospel and being a part of Christ's church have brought me so much joy that I can't imagine not sharing it with others. 

Love y'all
Sister Pyper

Lauren and her new companion, Sister Bobbitt

We met Santa!!! ​No, seriously. This man is Santa. He is a Disneyworld Santa. How cool is that?!?!

​My view for the past week. A member in our ward is getting ready to go on a mission and she loves to come out with us. She has spent pretty much every day with us since I got here, often for the entire day. She's the best! I'm excited for her to go on her mission, but I'm going to miss this. 

No comments: