Monday, June 20, 2016

Week....Something. I have lost track, I just know I am loving NC

Things here in Wake Forest are still going well. We actually found two new investigators this past week and met someone else who wants us to teach his whole family! I love working with families! The gospel really is designed to do the most good for families. We are not meant to be alone, our families are gifts from Heavenly Father that He intends for us to keep forever. 

Happy Father's Day to all the men out there, whether you have children or not. In sacrament meeting yesterday, one of the speakers said that "fatherhood is a calling from which you are never released, it is one that lasts into the eternities". I am so grateful for all the men in my life who have been fathers to me in any sense, but especially for the man who is my biological father. He has taught me so much, probably more than he even realizes. Thank you for your constant example of what it means to be a good person, Dad! The most important thing my dad has taught me is how to have a good relationship with my Father in Heaven. I know that God is truly our Father, in a very literal sense. He knows each of us intimately and individually. He knows and loves you, exactly the way you are right now. He is watching over you and wants to give you everything. His love is perfect and unchanging and it is all for you. 

I got to go on exchanges last week! And for the first time in months, I actually got to go somewhere on exchanges! The past couple transfers I was always the one who stayed in the area for exchanges, so it was kind of nice to see another area, even if it was just a different part of Wake Forest. Sister Peterson, the sister I was with, is awesome!! We went tracting and we were able to find a new investigator in the ward they are trying to build up! Of course, it was the last door we knocked and it was right as a thunderstorm was moving in. We wouldn't have found her if we hadn't been willing to stay out until 9 and have faith that the Lord would lead us to someone who was prepared. I know that the Lord will bless us as we do all we can and give Him every effort we have. Sometimes we have to wait until what we think is the very last moment before we see the blessings come, but they will always come. I know that Heavenly Father keeps His promises to us and that we simply have to do what He asks of us. 

I was asked to give a thought at our zone conference this coming Wednesday about something that Jesus Christ taught. The first thing that came to mind was His invitation to "come, follow me" and what we can do to follow our Savior. I thought of 2 Nephi 31:10 "And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?" Obedience to the commandments is how we follow the example of the Savior and how we come closer to Him. We don't obey to make God love us, but our obedience is how we show Heavenly Father we love Him. What better way to show our Father that we love Him and want to be like Him than by following the commandments that He has given us? Any blessing that we are given is contingent upon our obedience to His laws ( D&C 130:20-21) and we are blessed more for greater obedience. 

Love y'all
Sister Pyper

​I went on exchanges last week with Sister Peterson! She's awesome! <3

No comments: