I will try to make this a weekly thing, but no guarantees. Here are fun things/tender mercies that happened each day of the past week.
- Our investigator Jarek, who won't be able to make his baptismal date of , understood the importance of the priesthood and what he needs to do to be ready for baptism. Since that is something not a lot of people here in the South grasp easily, it was amazing to have an investigator who does!
- The member we brought with us to our first lesson connected really well with our investigator and helped her understand what we taught!! I love having members with us!
- RAINSTORM!! I love the rainstorms here, they are so much fun!
- Someone we tracted into said "I'm kind of interested but I don't know why" (We know why: the Spirit :) ) Also, one of our investigators is now living the law of chastity and on track for baptism!
- I experienced a knock-knock joke in real life. We went tracting and one person had their screen door closed but their solid door open. Sister Burkholder said "knock knock" to get the persons attention. The man inside said "who's there?" and we told him it was the missionaries. He said "who?" It was the funniest thing!
- General Conference!!
- General Conference pt 2!!! Also, between sessions we went through the phone and called people we didn't know (which is still pretty much everyone). Someone somewhere was playing bagpipes and I could hear it. Totally made the bug bites worth it :)
A few weeks ago was the Primary Program and they sang a song that perfectly describes what I love most about General Conference."I hear a living prophet speak the things that Christ would say
And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior’s voice."
When we listen to the prophet, apostles, or any other divinely called church leader, the Holy Ghost is able to speak to us individually. Each person who listens to the prophet will have a different thought come to mind. Those thoughts are personal revelation, direct communication from a loving Heavenly Father for your specific needs.